Last year, Brychwyn shared with you the story of our discovery that glucosamine and joint supplements are not just for aging dogs and cats. We also learned a lot about the importance of the amount of glucosamine your dog gets as well as the source and quality. Wilhelm, Brychwyn and Huxley have all been doing very well on their natural joint health supplement. The few times I neglected to buy it and we have gone without for a few days, I have noticed a difference in the fit dogs mobility, especially soon-to-be-seven weiner dog Wilhelm.
When I was first contacted by Pet Naturals to try Hip+Joint for Dogs, I hesitated. I had never before seen supplement treats that had enough glucosamine to make them a worthy supplement or a competitive price. Plus, if what we are doing is working, dare I risk mixing it up? When I saw Rebekah of My Rotten Dogs review of Pet Naturals Hip+Joint, I decided to give the Pet Naturals treats a try. And I am certainly glad I did!
The dogs really like Pet Naturals Hip+Joint for Dogs Bone Shaped Chews. A lot. And best of all I noticed no difference in their activity levels after switching. In fact, when comparing the ingredients of Pet Naturals Hip+Joint for Dogs, the dogs are each getting slightly more high quality glucosamine than they were with the supplement I had been giving. With more glucosamine per treat, Pet Naturals Hip+Joint for dogs is actually more affordable than our other natural joint supplement.
- 750 mg of Glucosamine HCl (Shrimp and Crab) - We learned last year that Glucosamine HCl is often the easiest for the body to absorb.
- 400 mg of Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) - This supplement has been shown in small studies to help with osteoarthritis in humans, Like glucosamine, the body makes MSM naturally so raising levels can increase joint mobility.
- 400 mg of Chondroitin Sulfate (Porcine) - Also found naturally in the body and supplements are used to treat joint disorders but studies about it's effectiveness are ongoing.
- 100 mg of Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) - Acts as an anti-inflammatory when taken for joint health.
- 100mg of N, N-Dimethylglycine HCl (DMG) - Vitamin B15 that in essence is the amino acid glycine of which high concentrations are found in connective tissues.
- 18mg of Elcosapentaenoic (EPA) - An Omega 3 fatty acid used as a natural anti-inflammatory in conjunction with DHA.
- 12mg of Docosahexaenoic (DHA) - An Omega 3 fatty acid found naturally in fish oil.
- 5 mg of Manganese (Mn Proteinate) - Found naturally in many foods and could possibly relieve joint pain.