Life has been tricky for us Cascadian Nomads lately. When I was talking with a friend earlier this week about Gryphon's condition, he said "wow, it just hasn't let up for you for a long time." He's right! I hadn't realized it but since Jason's birthday, six weeks ago, when Brychwyn and I had to rush to the emergency vet because of an abscess on his foot, our family has taken one blow after another. I am not one to complain but because our blog has been so severely neglected during our string of crazy happenings, I figured that our blog friends and readers, deserved to know what's been keeping us out of touch with you. So, briefly (because I hate to dwell on it,) here's all the trickery life has been tossing our way:
- I missed Jason's birthday dinner with both of our families to be at the emergency vet with Brychwyn. His foot (eventually) healed up just fine, by the way. The abscess never even aggravated his limp!
- Our driveway/garage flooded in our regions unusually heavy rains. Yes, it always rains here but not often as torrential of down pours as we recently had.
- The government shutdown caused us to rearrange a long planned trip to the Grand Canyon.
- Wilhelm got fleas. Hence the house scrub down began, which was significantly slowed by...
- Jason and I got salmonella (from one of our favorite restaurants!)
- The food poisoning caused us to cancel our rearranged vacation altogether.
- Gryphon got extremely dehydrated, a UTI and is struggling with anemia.
- Jason and I both got bad colds.
So many disasters make a nomad want to run away from home but look who I met on my journey...
There were a lot of faces at home that I am sure I had seen while I was away...
Cascadian Nomads was not asked to or paid to promote any businesses or organizations mentioned and linked in this post. We're just sharing information or stuff we like!